How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate properly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.