How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate properly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.