How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to understand. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.