How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.