How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.